Commercial Motor Vehicle Compliance
Managing commercial motor vehicle compliance is complex and challenging. When you partner with us, you benefit from regulatory expertise and tools that keep your fleet legal and safe.
Mitigate Risk and Increase Regulation Adherence With Our CMV Compliance Program
Fleet compliance starts with a strong strategy. Observing your fleet and identifying program opportunities provide the foundation for setting program goals and consulting on policy.
Wheels works with you to establish a commercial vehicle compliance plan that accounts for each component of CMV-related regulations:
- Driver Compliance: Tracking driver qualification files; electronic logging and hours of service; drug and alcohol programs; and driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Vehicle Compliance: Complying with fuel tax reporting; mileage and weigh permits; annual payments of vehicle use taxes; and more.
- CSA Monitoring: Monitoring CSA scores and FMCSA/DOT renewals, when needed.
Wheels serves as your first point of contact for all CMV compliance issues, guiding dealings with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) regulations.
Built on years of fleet management expertise and boosted by our strong compliance fleet partners, you can trust Wheels to keep your commercial vehicles and drivers legal and safe while on the road.
The Wheels CMV Compliance Advantage
We keep your fleet compliant with a range of solutions, such as ELD tracking, fuel tax reporting and CSA monitoring.
Strong Policy Management
Our strategic commercial vehicle compliance program analyses vehicle usage, sets clear goals and more.
Vetted Supplier Network
From registration to on-the-road support, Wheels and our supplier partners work with DOT, FMCSA and other regulators to keep your vehicles compliant.
Our holistic approach to safety and compliance services means CMV compliance data is integrated into our online FleetView™ platform for easy access.
Our Strategic Plan Addresses Your Unique Compliance Needs
Wheels puts our knowledge to work for you, helping establish a CMV fleet compliance plan that addresses your business needs. We partner with you to create a company policy and profile that covers everything compliance related, including driver compliance requirements and maintenance reporting parameters, drug and alcohol testing rules, and more.
- Analysis: We review vehicle inventory, replacement cycling and each specific compliance requirement.
- Development: For plan creation, we set program goals, consult on policy and devise an onboarding strategy.
- Action: Keeping your fleet compliant includes an escalation process, safety and compliance training, and mock audits.
Focus on the Big Picture While We Take Care of the Details
Wheels remains attuned to changing CMV regulations on your behalf. Through industry partners, we manage a growing list of fleet compliance factors — including drug and alcohol testing, mileage log auditing, passenger and commercial base-plate allocation, fuel tax reporting, and CSA compliance consulting — to assist you in keeping in compliance.
In FleetView™, DOT information like CDL and medical card information, can be logged for visibility. You’ll also receive information on supplier partners through invoicing, alerts, score cards and other transparency tools.
Get the Right Commercial Vehicle Compliance Partner
Wheels helps execute a compliance strategy that accounts for governmental requirements regarding every part of your fleet. Our compliance partners are the best in the industry, and we work with them to bring you:
- Invoice auditing and consolidation
- Compliance and renewal alerts
- Plate and registration management
- Mileage, intrastate and city accounts/permits services
- Road-ready vehicle delivery
If you don’t receive all this and beyond from your CMV compliance partners, it’s time to start expecting more. Each partner is an extension of your business, so everyone on the team should be dedicated to meeting your goals.