Vehicle Acquisitions & Upfitting
The magnitude of a vehicle acquisition decision is long-lasting. With our expert analysis that combines vehicle make and model details, operating costs, driver impacts and corporate initiatives, we ensure your fleet obtains the right vehicles, at the right costs.
Get the Right Vehicle at the Right Price With Our Fleet Acquisition and Vehicle Upfitting Program
We understand fleet acquisition and upfitting decisions can have million-dollar implications and impacts for years to come. Making the right choice starts with a collaborative approach to understand your unique business needs.
From day one, your experienced Account Management Team uses our proprietary Results+ Fleet Performance Program methodology to help you develop and implement long-term strategic fleet plans. This process not only provides a detailed plan and timeline on the replacement process, but also examines the outcomes of your past vehicle selections and the future considerations.
Wheels’ online ordering and tools walk you through the entire selection process, from vehicle shopping to decision making to final setup. Fleet managers, branch managers and drivers get the ordering and status information they need through our technology interfaces.
Our vast vehicle acquisition network allow us to leverage data directly from automakers to deliver a consistently quality process at each stage. Special systems, process maps and audit controls ensure we deliver a cohesive experience at every stage of your vehicle’s ordering, upfitting and delivery.
Wheels Analyzes a Wide-range of Criteria for the Optimal Upfit Strategy
At Wheels, your strategic fleet consulting manager collaborates with your fleet office to develop the most effective vehicle acquisition plan. Considering each corporate initiative, cost variable and goal of your organization, the plan is aligned to meet your objectives and improve past outcomes. Key fleet variables include:
- Determine overall replacement objectives
- Provide market condition data to determine best replacement dates and mileage intervals
- Dive into past results to estimate impact to future total cost of ownership
- Offer alternatives to replacement cycle, policy, vehicles, etc.
- Set model-year objectives and strategy
Our Strong Relationships with Manufacturers, Dealers and Upfitters Ensure Quality and Timely Delivery
Wheels has decades-long relationships with the all the major manufacturers. They routinely conduct presentations at Wheels and work closely with our team of vehicle specialists.
We partner with more than 6,500 courtesy delivery dealers and all major upfitters. We select the right dealer or upfitter to handle the receipt of the vehicle based on location, quality and vehicle design guidelines.
Throughout the acquisition and upfit process, we harness the power of analytics to measure, manage and improve. Vehicle status monitoring starts after an order acknowledgement is received, and continues through delivery to the end user.
Our Specialized Upfitting Process Delivers the Right Vehicle for the Job
For fleet upfitting, the process begins long before you place your vehicle orders. Six to 12 months prior, your team will:
- Conduct site visits to evaluate each need through product and equipment reviews — plus live demos.
- Consider options such as full ship thru from OEM to upfitter, to final destination and local builds.
- Create a source document that contains the agreed-upon requirements, which include detailed specifications, order volume, graphic needs and acquisition options.
- Choose which vendors suit your needs best through identifying manufacturers’ availability and costs.
Once quoting is completed, we’ll finalize the execution plan, analyze the timeline risks and establish a deliverable timeline.