There is no new information to report regarding Hurricane Fiona.
Earlier this week, Hurricane Fiona made landfall in Puerto Rico. Hurricane Fiona is now causing ‘catastrophic’ flooding as the territory remains without power. The aftereffects will continue to be felt in the days and weeks to come. Our thoughts go out to all those affected.
While it is still early to know if any of our vehicles, drivers and supplier partners have been impacted, the Wheels Donlen Hurricane Task Force and operational teams are actively monitoring the situation and will communicate updates accordingly.
Below is a summary of what we know so far:
NEW VEHICLE ORDERS AND DELIVERIES
- Vehicles that are scheduled to be built and delivered to the impacted areas are delayed; we do not know for how long. Registration paperwork for those vehicles has been placed on hold.
- We have identified all new vehicle orders currently at dealerships and will begin our outreach to confirm status.
- September and October registration renewals will be delayed. As soon as the paperwork has been received, the driver will be contacted to pick up their credentials.
- Be advised that fuel shortages may occur, and prices may increase.
- If you haven’t already done so, we recommend that you temporarily remove or raise any fueling restrictions on fuel cards as regular grade fuel supplies may be limited and drivers may want to fill up more frequently. Contact a member of your account team to update.
ROADSIDE AND RENTALS