Cutting Your Biggest Fleet Cost Down to Size
By Darrin Aiken
August 21, 2019
With depreciation accounting for upwards of 40% of the total cost of ownership, recapturing costs is an even more important factor when it comes time to selling a fleet vehicle. The Wheels Remarketing program allows us to identify buyers that are most likely to pay top dollar for your vehicles. We market your vehicles to this group of your employees, retail dealers and auction bidders, allowing them to jump on the sale when they’re primed to buy.
Direct Access To Retail Buyers
In addition to tapping into your employee network of buyers, we access the most willing and able buyers—retail dealers. To better understand the point of view of dealers, we studied their operations firsthand and held feedback sessions to learn what they value most when purchasing a vehicle.
In our focus groups, we learned the following five vehicle purchasing requirements.
- A strong product mix: We eliminated lower-performing suppliers and increased volume at stronger suppliers to have more vehicles available to purchase in a central location.
- Available CarFax reports: In addition to providing CarFax reports for dealer review, we label vehicles with Maintenance Assistance Program (MAP) stickers to inform buyers about the benefits of purchasing a vehicle that’s corporately maintained by Wheels.
- Fully reconditioned vehicles: Wheels vehicles are now marketed as one-owner vehicles with an average grading of a three and above on our standardized zero to five scale. Note: On this scale, five represents a new vehicle.
- A high comfort level: At the time of purchase, we add a silver certification, seven-day guarantee to Wheels vehicles to provide added peace of mind to buyers.
- The ability to make fast decisions: Wheels Regional Sales Managers represent every vehicle for sale either online or in-person, so dealers promptly receive a quick win or no-win bid decision.
We monitor the performance of more than 100 supplier partners and auctions on an ongoing basis. Wheels keeps a proprietary scorecard of each auction and conducts on-site audits to ensure all our performance mandates are followed. Auction houses can view this data to ensure they’re staying competitive in the industry. Additionally, we conduct more than 50 auctions, called promotional sale events, each year. With our strong industry reputation of selling well-maintained vehicles, buyers seek out these events.
We Handle Vehicle Administration
When you delegate to Wheels Remarketing, you know every transaction is complete and accurate, complying with all applicable laws including odometer statements, condition reports, titles, salvage and flood laws. We directly collect the sales proceeds and relay them immediately to you, while you concentrate on your business.
Regional Retail Vehicle Landscape Insight
Did you know?
- Eco-friendly hybrids bring higher prices in California.
- Northerners pump up winter auction prices higher than the South.
- Trucks and trailers sell better in the springtime when demand is higher in the secondary market.
- Cars with high odometer readings sell well in the Southwest, but poorly in Puerto Rico.
We make it our business to know all these factors and more. If we think your vehicle can’t command top dollar where it is, we’ll ship it where it can. Every day your vehicles are offered up on multiple internet sites to ensure we collect all the competitive bids on your vehicle to maximize resale.
Vehicles Sold At The Right Time For The Right Price
Wheels sells more than 60,000 vehicles each year. And they’re sold in an average of 18 days. From start to finish, this includes negotiating the sale price, collecting funds and depositing in your corporate coffers.
For more information about Wheels Remarketing, contact Darrin Aiken at email@example.com